Sunday, June 15, 2008

Four Bathing Beauties

I love the Queen's Dresser Stamps, and this is one of my favorites. You can tell that these ladies know they are radical! I distressed the paper with Old Paper, and Straw and spritzed it with some water and some pearl. Then I stamped in charcoal-then gessoed. I stamped the stamp and distressed the edges. There is double sided tape under the pic-that I covered with sand! Scrappers Floss holds the shell charm. I like stamping on uneven surfaces now-didn't used to. It is very freeing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great---lots of steps. I love all the embellishments. I did a card with ladies in a similar pose for a card for Kris Dickerson's Vintage Bathing Beauties ATC swap. Only thing is I used an actual 1933 of my mom and friends at the beach. Haven't posted mine in the SCS gallery as I'm afraid her ghost would haunt me if she knew I had posted this pic on the net. It's bad enough that I'm sending it all over the country.

Kris Dickinson said...

I LOVE this! So many layer to it, great job Susie!

Unknown said...

This is really cool Susie! I just got gesso - so you stamped your image and then gessoed over it? Just a thin layer I'm guessing - did you use Staz-on?

Also - your nickelback with the embossed metal is REALLY cool .... isn't that fun!?! I was wondering what the word "spirit" is on though? Is it on melted embossing powder?