Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Turkey Day!


I wish I had more sunshine and less sleet to photograph by today! This is for Tuesday's Challenge at Created By Hand.
The challenge is to use ribbon or trim. My own personal challenge this week is to use up stuff I have and hoard. So on this set of cards-destined to be swapped on Stampin' D'Amour, I used up some beautiful skeleton leaves from my friend Sharon, some gold Bazill scrap paper, some bits of fall colored ribbon, some brass clips (colored copper) and a $1 stamp set of Thanksgiving sayings. I love this image-probably from the 1950's of central incisor challenged kids grouped around the family turkey.

For a simple finished product, this card took a bit to get together. I first stamped some swirling falling leaves all over the Bazill stock with C0lorbox chalk inks. Then I spritzed it all with 3 colors of Tattered Angels glitter spray. Then I cut the paper-inked the edges with a Terra Cotta ink. Stamped "Turkey Day" with Stazon Timber Brown and Distressed Vintage Photo EP. Glued the skleleton leaf down. Added Zips strips to the back of the ribbon scraps. Then colored the brass clips from SU to make them copper. Cut the images out with an old pair of Fiskers scissors and popped the photo up on Scotch foam tape. WHEW!

7 comments:

Kreativgeschwafel said...

really a wonderful card!

Faye said...

Love your Turkey Day card! The background colors are gorgeous.

Deborah March said...

CUTE card, fabulous image!

Jan said...

This is such a warm, yummy card! The photo sets it off.

Phyllis said...

Love all you've done here, the image is priceless :-)

Kris Dickinson said...

Oh I love it Susie!

RubyMay said...

All your hard work was worth it !...this is a stunning card !