Thursday, February 21, 2013

One Little Doily


This is the first apron that I have made incorporating a piece of vintage linen. I think it was a small doily that a busy housewife whipped up to protect a lovingly polished pie crust table. How it ended up in a lot of vintage linens up for sale on Ebay-I can't imagine that part of the story, It had a tattered spot on the edging, and a tiny hole. I carefully clipped those off, and appliqued the remaining portion to this frilly apron.  I hope that a modern housewife buys this from my Etsy shop, and throws a summer party while wearing it, I hope she wipes a toddler's nose with the under skirt, I hope she gathers Legos off the coffee table and scoops them into the skirt of the apron. I hope that Little Doily has another happy life.

3 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

A real throw back to my youth...I can picture Donna Reed in this little apron. Great use of the doily...lovely retro look.

Annesphamily said...

I am new following you and L O V E the sweet apron! It is so vintage and pretty!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! This is adorable!