Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Going Green

When I was a little girl, my grandma would make me little dresses and pinafores from old fabric feed sacks that she had in a big drawer in her buffet. I loved the softness and the little dogs or flowers printed on them. My mother disliked them greatly. Anything that had to do with hard times was not one of her favorite items.
Nowadays-the feed sacks we get on the hobby farm here are a woven Tyvek sort of fabric-not usable for a little girl's dress, but very cute for a market tote. And the images are just glorious. Purina feeds make these huge colorful hens on their sacks. Below are some I made yesterday-destined to be at my Farmer's Market stall in May-but for now visiting my Etsy Shop.






In April we think about using it up and reusing it. It's a good thing.

1 comment:

Susan T said...

Upcycling rules! I have one of your bags with a cardinal on it - love it!!!