Saturday, October 26, 2013

Nostalgic Style

My apron shop is named after my maternal grandmother-Olive Elizabeth. She raised me through toddler hood, then kept me every summer for years after. She taught me to sew, and crochet, and tat, and knit, and  can, wash clothes with a ringer washer, hang your apron on the nail outside before entering the outhouse- and to pray every day. When I made this apron today, I thought about her with tears in my eyes. She always said "I say my color is blue, but I allus buys pink". She also taught me what any good farm wife in the fifties knew-ladies always drink tea. Hot, cold, sweet, or milky. A lady drinks tea-and not from a mug-oh no-from a proper cup and saucer. So this apron is dedicated to Olive Elizabeth.

I Linked to:http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/10/co-hosting-creative-home-garden-hop-15.html



I linked to Cozy Little House


2 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Love your apron and your Grandma Olive story...reminds me of my Gram. She taught me to knit, crochet, quilt, and bake.

Unknown said...

You just got featured at Mumtopia. Thank you for showing us this beautiful apron. Please come and pick up your "I was featured" badge at http://www.mumtopia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/a-simple-birthday-and-creative-home-and