Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yuletide Gothic Arch Contest

This is my entry to the Yuletide Gothic Arch Contest.
It surely did not turn out the way I expected! I was looking for an image of a Victorian Santa-thinking of creating a window looking in on Santa. So I cut a watercolor paper background, and went looking for background stamps. A primitive Santa caught my eye, and I thought-gee he is the shape of a Gothic Arch! So I recreated him. I was looking for a stamp to give some texture to his robe and found my skeleton tree stamp-soooooo. I practiced with my Copic markers, I used my new Versamark stamp pad to add swishes of stars to everything. Thanks to Phyllis, who sent me a paperclip with my initial "S" for Sue-that is also "S" for Santa! I smudged a bit on his cheek-thus the sparkle star! When life gives you lemons....

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

Sue,
I'm trying to think carefully about what I want to say here. This is the most amazing creation.
Put that in all caps and underline it, and that comes close to expressing my feelings. This is my
number one favorite of anything you've ever done, and that covers a large body of work. Every now and then, I think we all achieve something absolutely brilliant. IMHO, this piece of art is all that. Congratulations! BTW, the star was meant to be :-)

Shelly Hickox said...

This is sooooo cool! Everything Phyllis said, lol. Great work.

vintage wil said...

what a wonderful arch !!!

~*~Patty S said...

Your santa arch is brilliant! What an inspiration, it really is fabulous!

Jan said...

I agree!!! Everyone before me have said it all already. STUNNING!

stamp and scrape said...

This is incredibly imaginative, and unique. A fabulous arch.
Ros

LynnF said...

I JUST LOVE IT!!!! You did such a wonderful job....I agree with Phyllis - it is brilliant!